Lawn Seeding Timeline
- First 30 days – Grass will start to germinate
- 30-60 days – Grass will begin to grow
- 60-90 days – The grass is setting in roots
- 90-180 days – The grass is starting to spread
- 180-360 days – The grass is maturing and filling in
Lawn Watering FAQs
15 minutes every day in each seeded section of lawn.
Every single day.
With a sprinkler, not by hand. An inexpensive ($10) watering timer will make this much more manageable.
Remember – 99% of all new lawn failures are due to a lack of water.
Grass Seeding Tips
- Thatch that is left on top of the newly seed areas will help keep the seed moist. You may mow this off 10 days after seeding.
- Give it time – depending on weather conditions, you will probably start seeing seedlings within 3 weeks. This, of course depends on following the watering instructions.
- There will be bare spots – as long as we continue to fertilize the lawn, the seedlings will become stronger and healthier and the lawn will fill in.
- When we first seed, you may see ruts or ridges – this is normal – when you water and the grass grows in, they will disappear and level out.