Summary of Responsibilities
American Landscape and Lawn Science is growing, and we are looking to add an Equipment
Repair Technician to our team. This person will be an integral part in helping keep the
company up and running. This person is responsible for handling the operations of company
equipment and machinery, inspecting for any malfunctions, and immediately repairing defective
components to prevent delays in productivity. Small equipment upkeep, transporting
equipment to and from repair shops when needed, in-field repairs.
- Follows instruction from supervisor
- Reads and understands instruction manuals
- Must be a problem solver
- Have the physical ability to work with equipment of all sizes and weights
- Attention to detail and versatility are essential to this position
- Communicates with your team in a professional manner
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Process paperwork correctly and on time
- Operates truck and trailers effectively and safely
- Operates equipment and tools effectively and safely
- Ability to speak Spanish in a plus!
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- High School Diploma, preferred
- Experience repairing 2-cycle machinery such as Lawn Mowers, Lawn tools, chainsaws and other landscape machinery
- Experience with operating trucks, tractors, skid steers
- Able to complete work within budgeted hours
- Valid CT driver’s license and able to pass DOT Medical Exam
Compensation and Benefits
- Room to grow with pay range $20 – $25 per hour
- Working Interview
- One week paid vacation
- Paid major holidays, with no wait time
- Retirement program with company match
*Only respond to this job if these resonate with your values** •Be respectful. Be respectful to clients, vendors, team members, equipment, and uniforms. •Be polite. Be polite to clients, vendors, and other team members. •Be honest. Honesty is very respectful to everyone involved. Sharing honest bad news is better than hiding the truth. Everyone makes mistakes and at times may not understand instructions or an explanation. Be honest so progress can be made. •Be on time. Part of being polite and respectful is being on time; your team members are counting on you. •Own your actions. Be accountable by realizing that mistakes and failing is part of learning and progressing. We trust you are working in the most honest and sincere manner and understand we all make mistakes. •Do your job. Follow through and complete your job responsibilities; your team members and our customers are counting on you. •Give and take. Flexibility is a two-way street. As a family business, we understand people need flexibility and we need our team members to show up strong when they are needed at work. •Do what you say you’re going to do when you say you’re going to do it. The company, your team members, customers, vendors, and your family are counting on you to be a person they can trust and count on
American Landscape and Lawn Science provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, American Landscape and Lawn Science complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
About Lawn Science
We are American Landscape and Lawn Science and we are a close-knit team who is dedicated to the highest level of service and quality in everything we do. We take pride in our work from the initial customer contact through our entire relationship with them – which in most cases, lasts years and years! We are growing and need to add another person to our stellar team.
We are a highly supportive company that works together in a respectful, energetic, and fun way. Our work environment reflects the energy and passion of our company and team.
Text “APPLY” with your email to 860-642-9966
North Franklin CT 06254